Position – Cafe Manager
Location – Holland Park
Salary: £25,000.00-£27,000.00 per year
- Manage the cafe operation: implement opening and closing procedures, work hand in hand and communicate adequately with the Chef to ensure food is delivered as per specs within acceptable timeframe, manage the baristas ensuring swift delivery of hot beverages, that also includes some food preparation, restocking and delivery of goods to the café in liaison with the FnB Manager.
- Head the catering and events; coordinate hospitality orders from studios and coordinate hospitality events with the FnB manager and Events team.
- Input new ideas, collect feedback from members and make changes accordingly
- Efficiently and accurately maintain accounting procedures which includes cost control, inventory, wastage, etc.
- Ensure excellent customer service to all customers
- Maintain expenses below budget through accurate planning, waste reduction
- To be responsible for stock management, ordering and receiving product deliveries.
- To learn all aspects of the EPOS till
- Assist in the ordering and stock management processes to maintain EPOS stock levels
- To acquaint themselves with current regulations relating to Health and Safety at Work, Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations, Fire Fighting equipment and precautions
- Ensure all budget targets and KPI’s are not just achieved but exceeded
- Be ambitious and commercially aware, with the presence and personality to influence the day to day business to maximise the performance of your team and cafe
Skills & Experience:
- Proven management and organisational skills – with thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Proven leadership and ability to work on own initiative without supervision, create your own daily and weekly schedule.
- Proven cooking skills and knowledge and interest in food
- Food Hygiene or Food Handling Certificate is required (Assistance in achieving this will be made available
- Proven interpersonal skills – able to develop good work relationships, enjoy meeting and working with people at all levels and from diverse walks of life.
- Computer literate with word processing, database, spreadsheet.
- A working knowledge of budgets and budgetary control.
- Energy and persistence to see tasks through to successful completion and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Keen to take ownership, initiatives to continuously improving the standards of the cafe
- Barista and Food hygiene certificate is desirable, although you will be provided with full coffee training and Level 3 food hygiene training if required.
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements; able to manage FOH due diligence with common sense.
- Be intuitive, run the cafe like it is yours
- A pleasant and adaptable personality , keen to learn, develop and grow with the company.
- Natural communicator, willing to develop person relationship with members.
- Have an interest in sustainability : sourcing quality and seasonal ingredients, limiting environmental impact, developing processes that keep waste to a minimum and finding new and interesting ways to deal with food waste and reduce packaging.
Training and Development
- Full training with our coffee bean supplier will be put in place when you join.
- If required, Level 2 / 3 Food hygiene training will be provided.
- Second Home is a fast growing company, there is scope for development and a objectives will be set to ensure your progression.
- Ad-hoc training can be provided as part of your development plan.
- 25 days holidays + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free weekly wellbeing classes (yoga & Meditation)
- Free weekly talks and cultural events
- 20% off books at Libreria
- 50% off La Despensa food – Our in-house restaurant
- Free CALM subscription