Event Manager – Hollywood
Reports to: Head of LA; Global Director of Marketing
Direct Reports: None
About Second Home
Second Home is a certified B-Corp with a mission to support creativity, entrepreneurship and social change in cities around the world.
We have six critically acclaimed locations in London, Lisbon and Los Angeles and we have raised over $75 million from some of the world’s leading investors to help us scale our work around the world.
We use innovative biophilic design to transform spaces in the most sustainable way imaginable – creating magical workspaces, cultural venues, restaurants and bookshops that help spark new collaborations and breakthroughs. Our cultural programme has featured speakers such as Black Lives Matter founder Patrisse Cullors, Mayor of LA Eric Garcetti and filmmaker David Lynch. Our in-house Hollywood restaurant was recently awarded a Michelin Star, and our wellness and education programming is second to none.
Social impact is at the core of our values. Local community groups can use our meeting rooms free of charge – and our cultural programme is open to everyone, not just Second Home members. Over 15% of teams based at Second Home are nonprofits and social impact organizations – including Snap Foundation, GOOD and 826LA. We also run our own community programmes like Libreria’s Language Labs.
We are a POC founded company, and our diverse team is over 50% POC. We have spearheaded dozens of social initiatives, from funding the construction of a new school in Kenya, to running literacy classes for refugees and recent migrants.
Event Manager – Job Description
Since 2014, Second Home has been doing incredible work – building communities, pushing forward the boundaries of sustainable architecture, and supporting the growth of thousands of businesses and social impact organizations. However, our beautiful space hasn’t even come close to its potential as a world class event venue – that’s where you come in!
Creating and growing an event program, you will work closely with the General Manager and F&B team to put Second Home Hollywood on the map as an iconic Los Angeles venue. You will also support our brand and marketing events by delivering the vision of our internationally recognized cultural program.
What you’ll do:
Private Event Sales and Management (85%)
- Sell, plan and execute small and large scale on-site events
- Meet monthly and quarterly revenue targets by employing outbound sales tactics and actively converting all inbound leads
- Actively market Second Home Hollywood as an event and coworking venue
- Balance the optimization of private event revenue with a positive daily member experience
- Keep our core brand at the forefront of decision making while building an incredible event program
- Liaise with event partners before and during events to accurately understand and deliver all their needs and requirements.
- Partner with F&B team to ensure all food and beverage requirements are serviced within budget and to the highest standards
- Lead market research to ensure both our pricing and delivery are competitive within our sector
- Negotiate financial and contractual terms and work with legal (when needed) in preparing, administering, and executing contracts.
- Identify, select, and own major relationships with suppliers and agencies contracted to execute production and technical aspects of live services, events, and content.
- Be a role model for communication and collaboration in all management directions
- Author internal brand event guidelines, playbooks, best practices, SOPs and resources.
- Author marketing deliverables such as sales decks and venue collateral
- Research and introduce new technologies, event tools, and partners.
- Support health and safety compliance in line with local policy and company procedures.
- Ensure event employees understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
- Set a positive example for member and client relations
- Conduct formal post-event follow-up with clients to ensure satisfaction and receive feedback for improvement
- Manage vendor relations, contract, speakers, tech staff and special guests.
- Other duties as assigned
Cultural Program and Internal Event Delivery (15%)
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to lead, plan, and drive events from inception to completion, including audience and guest experience, artist and talent hospitality, production logistics, scheduling and budget, and the overall production.
- Work closely with Marketing team to plan deliverables by quarter.
- Lead formal pre-event and post-event meetings with internal teams.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of venue event management experience preferably in hotels, co-working, or food and beverage.
- You need to be a motivated, creative, and innovative self-starter who requires minimal direction and thrives working amongst a team in an exciting, fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Stellar communication and project-management skills
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Google Suite
- Familiarity with Tripleseat a plus
- A strong ability to problem solve. Self-starting is a must in our world! Comfort working in ‘grey’ spaces.
- Existing client relationships are a big plus
Second Home provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, or any protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Second Home complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans with employer contribution
- Generous paid vacation allowance
- Training and development budget
- World class office environment with Covid safety precautions and infrastructure in place
- Flexible working policy
- Discounted meal program at our in-house restaurant
- Free Calm meditation app subscription
- Free parking