Facilities Manager – Hollywood
Salary: $65 – $70K
Reports to: General Manager
Direct Reports: Facilities Assistants, Space keeper
About Second Home
Second Home is a global creative business with a social mission to support entrepreneurship, creativity and job creation. We launched in London in 2014, and we have so far raised over $75 million to help us scale our work around the world.
We operate spectacular workspaces and cultural venues in London, Lisbon and Los Angeles – bringing together diverse companies and people. As we firmly believe: good things happen when different people, ideas and industries come together.
Social impact is at the core of our values. For example: local community groups can use our meeting rooms free of charge – and our cultural program is open to everyone, not just Second Home members. Over 15% of teams based at Second Home are non-profits and social impact organizations – including Snap Foundation, GOOD and 826LA. We also run our own community programmes like Libreria’s Language Labs.
Facilities Manager – Job Description
As we surface from lockdowns in our three key cities (LA, London and Lisboa), our objective is to rebuild our diverse community and have our sites full again as quickly as possible. It will be the biggest marketing push in the history of our business.
Working closely alongside the Facilities, Development and Operations Teams, The Facilities Manager will be responsible for managing the workflow of the facilities team and ensuring projects get completed on time and within budget all while upholding our design aesthetic and providing the best environment for our members.
Second Home has many rich stories to tell – from our values, to our community of incredible members, our commitment to biodiversity, as well as the social impact we make in the neighbourhoods we call home. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact on the business as we re-launch after the pandemic.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create and manage budgets for facilities expenses, tenant improvement projects and planned preventative maintenance activities.
- Drive value for money within our supply chain and making cost savings where possible
- Host facilities budget review meetings with our finance team
- Process invoices in a timely manner
- Have an eye for innovative design and problem solving
- Plan and coordinate any third party improvement project work
- Write project briefs for tenant improvement projects that require third party contracting
- Oversee third party work to ensure it is carried out to the required quality and standard
- Hands-on building maintenance activities including but not limited to the use of standard power tools, basic electrical and plumbing knowledge, proficient at painting and wood work.
- Have a thorough understanding of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety and waste management
- Ensure PPM activities are scheduled and carried out in accordance with their specific maintenance cycles
- Uphold the look and feel of the building by scheduling and carrying out regular maintenance activities
- Respond to reactive maintenance requests in a timely manner
- Proactively identify and tackle defects/issues around the facility ensuring issues and timelines are communicated to the Ops team
- Identify long and short-term improvements projects
Health & Safety
- Develop a good knowledge of the operational/safety systems and compliance requirements
- Be on hand to assist with emergency situations or other urgent issues
- Identify any operational/safety systems concerns and proactively work with the team to mitigate and resolve issues
- Work alongside the Head of Trust & Safety to embed safe working practices across the facilities team and external contractors
- Lead the facilities team on a day to day basis, delegating responsibilities where appropriate
- Develop and upskill members of the facilities team
- Be highly organized, conscientious, and enthusiastic about Second Home and our mission
- Be personable and approachable to staff and members
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager
- 3-5 years in Facilities Management or equivalent role
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Valid US driver’s license is a plus
- Experience working with Corian is a plus
Who You Are
- Love understanding how things work
- Well versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Able to work well individually and as a part of a larger team
- Able to lead and manage a team and third party contractors
- Excellent organizational and people skills
- Strong administration skills and confident using Gmail & Google Apps
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proactive and responsive
- Deadline driven
- Management and budgeting experience
- Passion for the Second Home mission
- Leadership abilities and great efficiency
- Good analytical/critical thinking
Second Home provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, or any protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Second Home complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Generous Paid Vacation allowance