We are looking for a dedicated Food and Beverage Manager to firstly ensure all of our La Despensa Cafe’s are running smoothly. To support the on site team in daily operations along with their growth and development.
Second Home in house Café “La Despensa” launched in December 2018 with the aim to provide our members with seasonal & affordable breakfast & lunch, 5 days a week in our 4 sites across London (Spitalfields, Clerkenwell, Holland Park & London Fields), We are looking for a dedicated Food and Beverage Manager to oversee the management of the operations of Second Home café “La Despensa” .
- Meet weekly with cafe managers to cover :
- Cafe performance and operations plus any staff issues.
- Organise holiday & sickness covers for 1 chef , 4 cafe managers, 1 barista
- Daily people management : Using our internal HR system Hibob to approve holidays, log sickness and input hours worked on rota cloud
- Conducting Annual appraisals of 6 team members & follow up with objectives and feedback.
- Organising Ad hoc training and support
- Organise monthly team meetings with relevant and different focus every month
- Recruit new team members : Create JDs, interview process & final recruitment
- Sign off of invoices across 4 sites on weekly basis
- Ensure that all cafe managers focus on their budget and accurately report on weekly basis
- Ensure that food and drinks margins are on track
- Manage monthly financial sign off : ensure all invoices are signed off, expenses submitted and recharge sheets for all sites are done.
- Attend monthly meetings with the finance team to go through PnL , critic and sign off.
- Ensure payment of suppliers on monthly basis
- Analysing and organising the invoices / setting up supplier and standing orders
- Buying equipment that is required by front of house and back of house for good functioning of operations
3. Food Safety
- Creation of HACCP processes , checklists, procedures for 4 sites (5* in 4 sites)
- Check and Ensure that food safety compliance across all sites in line with council regulations
- Follow up on implementations and check that everything is being followed.
- Health and safety of the premisses including checking that all equipment is functioning, fire exit are free to use, calling repair if needed, filling up the daily H&S forms)
4. Day to Day Operations
- Ensure that sites are running smoothly: Ordering deliveries, execution of food and drinks, quality control, appearance and safety controls
- FOH / Kitchen relationship ; Day to day check ins to ensure that food is delivered as per specifications, review of sales numbers , feedback , amend menu accordingly
- Stock Take: Hygiene Products and FOH products (coffee, cakes, milk, cold drinks, still water and sparkling water refill, plates, take away cups)
- Processing food and stock orders for Front of House
- Setting up the till system to make it as efficient as possible for the front of house
5. Events & Private Hire
- Liaising with our Private Hire and Events Manager and producing quotes for food, drinks, staff according to client’s budget and LD margins
- Organisation of the event : Book temp/agency staff, order stock
- Communicating with all parties involved ahead of any events (Head Chef, site team, LD team, Client)
- Organise the event on the day : meet with the client, run through order of event, handover to staff
- Invoicing and follow up with the Client
6. Members Services & Site Management
Manage members drinks for 4 sites (460 cocktails) – Create Cocktail list – Order stock – Making cocktails for 4 sites on a weekly basis – Organise temp/agency staff – Manage community events and coordinate with site team and kitchen staff (numbers, allergies, dates, deliveries) – Ensure members coffee quality – Liaise with GM/AGM on an ad hoc basis to ensure LD communication around the team, menus, events and any other relevant matter.
7. Marketing & Communications
- Drive sales by creating a calendar of events of key annual events & plan for seasonal marketing activities in coordination with the marketing team
- Communicate with LD team and Head Chef to ensure delivery of offer
- Feed through content for social media to SM team
- Ensure communication between LD and SH Members (Slack / Newsletter / Social Media) on regular basis
- Creating offers and deals for La Despensa cafe
- Log maintenance issues across all sites & follow up
- POS troubleshooting
- Delivery logistics
- Edit and create menus, tickets and signage for all sites
- Ensure cafés are running as sustainably as possible