People/HR Manager – London
Reporting to: Finance Director
Salary: £45,000 – Depending on experience
About Second Home
Second Home is a global creative business with a social mission to support entrepreneurship, creativity and job creation. We launched in London in 2014, and we have so far raised over $75 million to help us scale our work around the world.
We operate spectacular workspaces and cultural venues in London, Lisbon and Los Angeles – bringing together diverse companies and people. As we firmly believe: good things happen when different people, ideas and industries come together.
Social impact is at the core of our values. For example: local community groups can use our meeting rooms free of charge – and our cultural program is open to everyone, not just Second Home members. Over 15% of teams based at Second Home are charities and social impact organisations. We also run our own community programmes like Libreria’s Language Labs.
We are looking for a People Manager to oversee and be responsible for all aspects of the employee experience. You will be working with the LA Head of People who is based in LA and assisting employees in Lisbon to deliver the People strategy.
What you’ll be doing
- Propose and roll out any key strategic projects/initiatives that will continuously improve our employment proposition as we grow.
- Bring together a whole range of initiatives designed to build a sense of belonging and community on the site
- Deliver a full on-boarding service including delivering impactful new starter inductions. (full employee life cycle)
- Produce all employee documentation. Letters
- Develop and implement new processes to help our company offer a better workplace for staff
- Develop policies and ensure awareness of current employee legislations
- Management of our ATS system (HIBOB). You will be responsible for booking all interviews ensuring the ATS is always up-to-date and reporting against recruitment deliverables.
- Ensure payroll information is accurate and processed on time each month.
- Assist with our annual and six month employee appraisal process.
- Be the central source for all People queries, supporting the wider team and coaching line managers with all people related plans and initiatives
- Confidently and independently manage a variety of ER cases including complex investigations, disciplinary or grievance hearings through to flexible working requests, absence and performance issues.
- Manage the recruitment process across all of our London sites
- Manage and evolve the employee process & experience through processes and programmes that span across the employee lifecycle
- Develop role descriptions, screening and sourcing candidates and optimising the recruitment journey from end-to-end.
Who you are
- CIPD Qualified (Level 5 or higher)
- Strong employment law knowledge
- 3+ years of HR experience
- Employee relations experience
- Sense of humour
- Extremely motivated and organised
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Reliable and dependable
- Calm and patient under pressure
- Proactive and assertive
- Persistent, excellent attention to detail and hard-working
- Clear communicator
- Ability to give presentations
- 25 days holidays + Bank Holidays
- Hybrid working
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Free weekly wellbeing classes (yoga) Free weekly meditation classes
- Free weekly talks and cultural events
- 20% off books at Libreria
- 50% off La Despensa food – Our in-house restaurant
- Free CALM subscription
- Generous Maternity and Paternity
In accordance to The Equality Act 2010, we won’t discriminate because of age, disability,
gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which
includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual
All applicants must hold proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter.