Receptionist – Job Description
Receptionist – Hollywood
Salary: $15 – $17/hr
Reports to: Assistant General Manager
Direct Reports: None
We’re looking for the right candidate to fill the role of Receptionist to help drive the member experience and communications across Second Home Hollywood.
As we surface from lockdowns in our three key cities (LA, London and Lisboa), our business objective is to rebuild our diverse community and have our sites full again as quickly as possible. It will be the biggest marketing push in the history of our business.
Working closely alongside the Reception and Front of House Teams –
Second Home has many rich stories to tell – from our values, to our community of incredible members, our commitment to biodiversity, as well as the social impact we make in the neighbourhoods we call home. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact on the business as we re-launch after the pandemic.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure members receive a world-class welcome and an experience that lives up to our values.
- Be passionate about talking about our brand, culture and story so far to anyone walking through the front door.
- Ensure Covid-secure standards are being met and Members and Day Passers are updated with latest guidelines
- Process Day Passes and take payment upon entry
- Keep a detailed daily report using the “Daily Status Report” document and communicate clearly with management regarding any successes or issues that arise during your shift
- Be solution oriented, always escalating issues with a suggested solution to alleviate the problem
- Ensure that all Second Home ‘world class essentials’ (e.g. internet connectivity, space to work, key management) are consistently met.
- Surprise and delight our members within the assigned budget.
- Contribute content ideas for member activities and communicate with members about our cultural program, wellbeing and member activities.
- Problem-solve any issues members have quickly, intelligently and generously.
- Provide backup and support within the team, carrying out the duties of another member of the reception team in the event of absence/illness.
- Record and be rigorous about membership enquiries and follow ups.
- Ensure that all complimentary beverage stations and members’ kitchens are maintained, stocked and serviced, when not being managed by Barista.
- Book members into meeting rooms and ensure that rooms are stocked and adequately serviced – check sanitization supplies, supporting with AV equipment, arranging extra seating, etc
- Managing the mail system – ensuring all mail is received, signed for and processed in the mail room.
- Demonstrate a full knowledge on Second Home and SelgasCano
- Support on marketing initiatives and on-site photo shoot
Who You Are
Be friendly, smile and talk to everyone and always put the members first.
Solve problems and provide solutions. Have excellent organizational & time management skills with the ability to prioritize work effectively.
Understand and adopt Second Home’s vision, having the skills to add value.
From day one make an introduction and ensure members feel part of the community.
Be a friendly, insightful and proactive member of a dynamic team.